Wednesday, December 10, 2008

More exciting December Events!

I want to first of all thank everyone who came to the Krem event last Friday, December 5th. I know I had a lot of fun and I really appreciate all the efforts John Knight put into making the event a success. Thanks also to all of my friends who came as well (you know who you are) and lended support to a great cause!

This week we have another fun-draising event (oh dear, my apologies for the terrible pun). This Friday, December 12th, Cabrini Connections, Tutor/Mentor Connection is having a Holiday Benefit Concert at Schuba's Harmony Grill, 3159 N. Southport, from 6-9pm. The bands include Trakan, led by our GIS and Mapping Coordinator, Mike Trakan , The Howling Poppies, featuring our Assistant Program Coordinator and 2008-2009 NUPIP Fellow, Chris Warren, on drums, and Black Collar, local, Chicago hip-hop group. Chris, Mike, and our Marketing and Fundraising Coordinator, Cassina Sanders have been working tirelessly to make this concert a success. It's $30 for three hours of great music (I've seen both Trakan and The Howling Poppies in concert and they're awesome! And, I'm not just saying that because I work with them).

And just a note as your dedicated Tutor/Mentor Connection Research and Networking Coordinator to programs looking for creative ways to make money- a benefit concert is a great way to make money, especially if you have talented employees such as we do:)

If you would like to donate, but can't come, you still can do that! Just go to our PayPal page, and make your donation. I'm sooo excited about the Holiday Benefit Concert and even if you can just come for an hour, you won't be disappointed!

No comments: