Friday, December 19, 2008

Happy Holidays Everyone!

Hello Everyone! I'm about to head out to go pick up my younger brother at the airport. We're heading home tomorrow for the week, but I hope to keep posting while on Winter Break.
Anyway, I just wanted to tell you all about what a great time I had at the Sun-Times Judge Marovitz, Lawyers Lend-A-Hand to Youth awards ceremony on Wednesday. It was so wonderful to see all the programs I've worked with for the past year-and-a-half being honored for the good work they do. I am also, so incredibly grateful for their generous donations to both Cabrini Connections and Tutor/Mentor Connection.

One of my favorite things about that night, though, was getting to talk to the other programs about the possibility of visiting them before the school-year end. After discussing with several of the board members of the Lawyers Lend-A-Hand Foundation, as well as other program leaders, about how we can make Tutor/Mentor Connection even better in 2009, I've decided to hopefully visit all of the programs listed before July 1st 2009. My goal is to not only see what the good work they do, but also to help them learn more about what Tutor/Mentor Connection can do to help them. I will also be asking their opinion on what they think Tutor/Mentor Connection needs to do in order for it to be even better. I'm very excited about the possibility of this.

Anyway, I wish everyone safe travels this Holiday Season and a very Happy and Restful Holidays!

No comments: