Monday, August 10, 2009

Help Cabrini Connections, Tutor/Mentor Connection Start a New Year

Over the weekend, I did two things that will help me accomplish my goal of running the Chicago Marathon for Cabrini Connections, Tutor/Mentor Connection. The first thing that I did was run 14 miles on Saturday morning as part of my training. The second thing I did was that I mailed out my first batch of donation letters for the Chicago Marathon, asking for support for Cabrini Connections and Tutor/Mentor Connection. Hopefully, friends and family will be compelled to support me as I run 26.2 miles for helping at-risk youth succeed.

The marathon isn't until Sunday October 11 and we need your help now. The school year is starting soon, which also means that tutoring and mentoring here at Cabrini Connections and elsewhere is starting soon too. We need your support in making our program and others succeed. Your donations can help in a variety of ways, including the very basic things of paying our rent and keeping the lights on.

You can donate to Cabrini Connections, Tutor/Mentor Connection a couple of different ways:

1. You can donate online by using PayPal.
or
2. You can mail a check made out to "Cabrini Connections" to:
Cabrini Connections, Tutor/Mentor Connection
800 West Huron
First Floor
Chicago, IL 60642

There are a myriad of reasons to donate, but I don't think I could give the reasons any better than one of our own students, Savon Clark. Here are his Top 10 Reasons for Donating to Cabrini Connections.

No comments: