Tuesday, June 19, 2007

My first post!

Hello everyone! I am rejoining the blog world and am excited to share with you my experiences with Cabrini Connection, Tutor/Mentor Connection. I am a recent graduate of Northwestern University and am now a fellow throught the Northwestern Public Interest Program fellowship at Cabrini Connection. In this blog I hope to inform you about what is happening not only at Cabrini Connection but also in the general realm of tutoring and mentoring non-profits throughout the Chicagoland area. I will also be sharing my experiences in the Public Interest Program fellowship which coordinates graduating seniors at Northwestern, University of Chicago and Princeton with non-profits in Chicago that are in the public interest realm. Look forward to upcoming posts and pass this along to friends!

1 comment:

Tutor Mentor Connections said...

Hi Nicole,

I hope that your jouney in the tutor/mentor world has as many riches and rewards as my 33 year journey has had for me. As a voice for tutoring/mentoring each one of us can tell our story in such a way that we become the becon that lights the way for millions of others to follow.

I know from my experiences how much the participation in a program like Cabrini Connectionis can benefit a youth, as well as the volunteer who serves as a mentor. I also know the good feeling that comes to individuals who make financial contributions to support charitable efforts.

As you tell your story, I hope that a growing number of people from your person, college and social network will use your blog as their own starting point to a lifetime of service in the tutor/mentor world.

Thank you for joining us.

Dan Bassill
President, Cabrini Connections
Tutor/Mentor Connection